The Weekend Blog (Vol.66)
1st Aug 2015
How is it August already?! Before we know it the Christmas stock will back in shops.
A lot has happened this week, so I thought I’d summarise using bullet points:
- I won a Liverpool Independent card, just by re-tweeting a tweet on Twitter. This will get me discount at loads of independent shops and restaurants in Liverpool.
- I got an amazing response on Twitter to a blogging/coding related project I am working on and sort of announced during a Twitter chat. More on that soon!
- I went to see Ant-Man with Tyrone, which I enjoyed a lot more than I was expecting too.
- I had my first job interview since April on Thursday, but I was so nervous I think I messed up. Lesson learnt: make the most out of my university’s career services while I can.
- I applied for 8 jobs and one of the recruitment agencies I am with called me about a potential job they have for me. Not one of my best weeks in terms of job applications but there hasn’t been much to apply for.
- I’m keeping up with the yoga. Today is day 14 of the 30 Days of Yoga challenge. Half way there tomorrow!
- The Reese’s Krispy Kremes made a return to the UK and I got my hands on some. Last time they were on sale for such a short period that I missed them. I can confirm that they were worth the wait.
- I made not one but two scrapbooks with all of my holiday photos in; one for New York and one for the Med cruise.
- Tomorrow my dad and my brother Dean are coming over to Liverpool and we are off to watch Everton play for Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial match.
- I’m still waiting for the bloody Windows 10 update to work!!!
Oh and this happened last night. Andy Summers, the guitarist of The Police, did an Ask Me Anything on Reddit. You might remember last year when Roger Daltrey of The Who did an AMA and he answered my question. Well, I thought it must have been a good question, considering he answered, so I asked Andy the same question, and he answered!
The Police were the first band I truly loved so this was quite special for me.
Have a great weekend!