The Weekend Blog
14th Sep 2014
This week was the last week of our summer break. I know, it seems like I’ve been off for ages, and I have. I’ve been off since the beginning of May, to be precise.
It’s going to be a real drag getting back into the uni routine. Right now I’m just in total shock that I’m in my last year of uni. Where’s the time gone?!
So, here’s what I’ve been up to during this last week of freedom…
- Last Sunday Tyrone and I went for a walk down by the Mersey and accidentally stumbled across the Tour of Britain cycling race that was taking place in Liverpool. So we watched for a little while and saw Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish.
- I got annoyed with my letting agency (again) when it took me four phone calls to them to send me a new tenancy agreement. I finally got one and so we’ve signed for another 6 months in our flat.
- Tyrone and I started watching Lost. I know that we are 10 years late to the party, and I even know how it ends, but we are thoroughly enjoying it and it’s passing the evenings.
- I ordered the bag from my wish list (number 4) and I will be picking it from the shop on Wednesday.
- We got some serious cleaning done in the flat. We decided to do all the less enjoyable tasks before going back to university. I cleaned the oven and unclogged the vacuum cleaner while Tyrone unclogged the drains. I lose so much hair it’s a wonder there is any left on my head!
- I met my good friend Sharon for a coffee and a catch up on Friday, and together we moaned about being third years.
- I woke up on Saturday to a text off my parents saying that they had decided to come and visit me. It was so unexpected but I was really happy that they came over. We had lunch at Albert Docks which was lovely.
- I got my detailed module timetables for my final year. I may only be in two days a week but it’s going to be a tough year.
I hope you all enjoy the remainder of your weekend. 🙂