Out with the old
14th October 2013
I’ve been doing a little bit of re-organisation here at empfire. It’s been a very long time since I’ve sat down and actually worked on my website. Here’s some changes that have happened.
- The ‘Website’ page which gave information about the website has been removed. I’ve combined everything with the ‘Owner’ page and this page is now called ‘About’.
- I got rid of the ‘Past Layouts’ page. Not only did I never update this page but I found it really pointless.
- I got rid of the ‘Credits’ page. Back when I made visitors content this was a necessity but all I do now really is blog. Credits in regards to the layout can be found on the ‘About’ page. Any websites I love or inspire me can now be found on the ‘Links’ page.
- I got rid of the ‘Link Back’ page which had all of one link button on it. From what I have seen people don’t use them anymore and if they do they are normally requested for a certain size/style.
- ‘Archives’ can now be found via the link in the footer.
- The tutorials are here to stay but I’m not sure for how long. They’re kind of useless now. I’d rather write some new more appropriate and update tutorials.
- I’ve added a ‘Photographs’ page. I missed my photoblog and I’m still not really keen on filling my whole blog with photos, so the new plan is to add photographs and categorise them by date.
I also really want to create a new layout. I’m not particularly in the mood to do so but I am starting to get fed up of this layout.
Tomorrow is mine and Tyrone’s 4 year anniversary! I know, it seems like such a long time. But I have no regrets. We are happy together in our little home and we are getting through the daily battles that life throws at us.
In my last blog I talked about my issues with my energy supplier. Well, I fianlly heard back as to why I wasn’t being allowed to switch suppliers. Turns out one of the absolutely idiots in our building put my address down instead of theirs! Idiots! I was so shocked that all I could do was laugh. How stupid can you be?! Anyway, I’m now waiting for my reapplication to go ahead. Fingers crossed it gets sorted this time.
I received a bill for council tax the other day which was very annoying as I had rang them 3 times to inform them that I was a student and that I needed to be exempt. I provided them with all my details and they told me they’d sort it. Of course, this wasn’t the case. I spent Friday morning in the council offices filling in forms to prove I was a student, even though I was told it was already sorted. I’m bloody fed up of people lying to me.
My streak of bad luck continued when on Friday, as I was waiting in for my Tesco food delivery, I received a call saying that the driver had forgot to put my shopping on the van. They offered to deliver it later, which on any other day would have been fine. However, that particular night two of my friends were coming over for dinner and Tyrone was cooking for them. All the ingredients were on that delivery. They had no alternative way of getting the food to me so I cancelled the delivery and Tyrone had to go out and buy the food from the shop. I complained to Tesco and I ended up getting a £5 voucher to spend online. I’ve had to email them again though as they have only refunded part of my money. It’s just so frustrating.
Then on Saturday night my noisy neighbour made a return and played his music so loud it made the walls vibrate. I had wrote him two polite letters previously to ask him to keep the noise down, but he ignored them. So sod it, I reported him to Environmental Health. I don’t have to put up with his s**t anymore.
I’m going to be optimistic. This week is going to be better. Well, it can’t get much worse.