Little Victories | September 2017
2nd October 2017
Oh September, you were an interesting month.
It began in New York. We spent the first day of the month walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, eating World famous pizza and riding the Staten Island Ferry to see Lady Liberty. I was the happiest I’ve been in a long time.
Then we came home and everything kind of went down hill from there.
I tried my hardest to stay positive and happy, and to retain that incredible care-free feeling I had on holiday, but it didn’t last. I had a few weeks where everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. Anxiety hit hard.
Anyway, some good things did happen last month…
- I bought a year long subscription to Calm; a meditation app. I’m hoping that now I’ve made a financial investment I will commit to it, and practice meditation more frequently.
- I managed to negotiate the cost of my car insurance renewal and got it down by £1,000 from last year. That’s a massive saving!
- I finally got an appointment to start therapy after being on the waiting list for 9 months. I’ve had two appointments so far.
- I got approved for a Blue Badge after my application was initially rejected. It’s already making a big difference to my life.
- We started painting our bedroom. We’ve only been working on it for a few hours each Sunday so it’s taken a while. But we’ve almost finished!
- I dipped my toes in the world of freelancing. I’ve never felt brave enough to do it before. I always worried I wouldn’t be able to do the work due to lack of knowledge, and the money side of thing scares me. But I did and it was the kick up the arse I needed (in a good way).
- I took my car to the garage to get new break pads and new tyres.
- I downgraded my phone contract and I’ve bought an iPhone 8 (it hasn’t arrived yet but it’s on it’s way). Buying it outright worked out almost £300 cheaper than getting it on a contact. Plus, the sim only plan I’m on now gives me double the data I was being offered on the contract.
- Tyrone and I went to see Milton Jones (comedian) at the Echo Arena.
How was September for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly (or so!) series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.
Enjoyed this post? Why not share it...
Leave a comment