Little Victories | October & November 2017
1st December 2017
I’ve decided to combine my Little Victories posts for October and November into one because I forgot to post my October one at the beginning of this month! D’oh!
I can’t believe it’s December already. This year has just flown by!
I’m happy to report that I survived November, which is usually my least favourite month and the time of the year when I struggle with my mental health the most. But this year I kept busy and gave myself things to focus on, and it’s honestly made such a difference to my overall happiness.
Now I’m looking forward to a month of festivities ahead. As always, I’m excited to go home for Christmas and spend a week or so with my friends and family. Oh and eat lots of incredible food because that’s what Christmas is all about, am I right?!
Without further ado, here’s my little victories from October and November…
- I managed to get my hands on tickets to see Billy Joel in Manchester next summer. I’ve booked a hotel too so we’re going to make a nice weekend of it.
- I also got tickets to see Kasabian in Liverpool in December. The tickets actually went on sale when I was in New York, but Tyrone wasn’t that interested in going. But in the end I decided to go with my friend Rebecca who is a fellow Kasabian fan, and now I cannot wait!!
- Tyrone and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary! It was on a Sunday and it was surprisingly warm for a day in October, but we went on a little road trip in North Wales.
- I (sort of) conquered my fear of going to the dentist after my last check up resulted in a panic attack. I moved surgeries and the dentist at this new one seems a lot nice. Unfortunately I’ve got to have two fillings in December!
- I finished my course of CBT and I’m actually noticing a difference in how I feel. But I was sad to finish because my therapist was so lovely!
- Tyrone celebrated his 24th birthday and I made him an incredible chocolate orange cake to celebrate. I don’t normally blow my own trumpet but it was so tasty!
- I started using the Five Minute Journal app again after purchasing it about a year ago! I didn’t get into it the first time around but I saw Pauline talking about it on her blog and I decided to give it another go, and I’ve found that it really does help.
- Continuing on with the theme of buying tickets for awesome events, I managed to get tickets for Electric Light Orchestra’s 2018 tour. I actually tried to get tickets for their last tour but it sold out straight away. This time I used O2 Priority.
- I also bought ticket to see Peter Kay! Yes, he’s not on in Liverpool until 2019 but we have incredible seats just 8 rows from the front and I cannot wait!!!
- I bought a new Dyson vacuum cleaner in the Black Friday Sales and I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited about such a mundane item! But seriously, it’s life changing.
- I also bought a Nintendo Switch in the Cyber Monday Sales. Can someone snap my bank card in half, please?!!!
- I had a load of annual leave left over to use it by the end of the year, so I decided to take a week off at the end of November (this week!). I just used the time to start my Christmas shopping a look after myself. It’s been wonderful!
One more thing before I finish! I’m doing a blogger Christmas card exchange this year. I put out a Tweet to announce this but I realised that I should have asked here on the blog too. I’m sending out most of my cards today but I also have time to post cards next Tuesday (December 5th), so if you’d like to get involved, just let me know in the comments, or send me a Tweet. The deadline is Monday December 4th!
How were October and November for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly (or so!) series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.