Little Victories | May 2018
31st May 2018
*Insert generic introduction about my absence from the blog.*
Just kidding! But seriously, I’m sorry for being so bad at blogging this year!
May has been a pretty good month for me. The weather has been fantastic, and the sunshine always puts me in the best mood. I’ve really made the most of being a freelancer and spending as much time as possible outside. Even if it’s just taking my laptop outside and working from my garden, it really does put a smile on my face.
I’m kind of sad that this month is coming to an end, but on the flipside I’m really looking forward June as we have lots of exciting plans, including concerts and a few nights away.
So here’s what’s been going on in May…
- I took my car for its MOT and it passed! However I do need to have some work done on it, and I’d like to get it sorted before we go on holiday (which I haven’t even booked yet!!!).
- We bought a real barbecue (no more disposable ones for us!) and had our first barbecue of the year.
- We had new windows fitted in our house. The previous ones were 20 years old, had wooden frames, and let in a lot of noise. Our new ones look amazing, and the double glazing is so thick! We’ve noticed that the house feels a lot quieter now.
- We also had a new boiler fitted. We decided to switch from a regular boiler to a combi boiler because they are more energy efficient and hot water on demand is a life changer! Getting rid of the tank has also created an empty cupboard which we plan to knock into the main bathroom, and therefore making the main bathroom a little bit bigger.
- Tyrone and I spent a lot of time working on our garden. We decided to cut a boarder into the garden to give us space to plant flowers. I’ve been growing sunflowers and tomato plants, and I can’t wait to see them grow over the summer.
- Tyrone and I went to Oulton Park to an event called Formula Vintage. It was fun to watch all the old cars race around the track, and the weather was glorious!
- I went to the driving range for the first time in almost 10 years. I use to play golf when I was a teenager, and in recent years I’ve really started to miss it. I took a lot of guts to pick up my clubs again but I’m so glad I did as it felt amazing! And to my surprised, I’m still pretty damn good at it!
- My Rolling Stones tickets arrived! I don’t know if this happens to anyone else but after I’ve purchased tickets to an event I can’t look forward to it until I have the tickets in my hands! It’s now less than a week until the gig.
- I’m still having counselling and I feel like I’ve made some real progress this month.
- Tyrone surprised me by having a beautiful bouquet of flowers sent to me (they’re in the photo at the top of this post!). It was such a lovely gesture! So lovely it made me cry!
How was May for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.
Enjoyed this post? Why not share it...
Leave a comment