Little Victories | June 2018
1st July 2018
Well, wasn’t June a lovely month! This sunshine honestly puts me in the best of moods!
I felt like summer last year was a complete right off. I spent the hottest days of the year in Ikea or painting my living room, but this year I’ve made the most of every sunny day we’ve had.
We’re experiencing a heatwave in the UK at the moment, and as we aren’t use to it being so warm it’s been a bit chaotic. The hill that I live on is covered in woodland areas and the top of it has been on fire 3 times this week alone, all because of the heat. Crazy!
Aside from the weather, June was a great month for me…
- I started working with some amazing clients and I’m feeling really excited about the future of my little business.
- We went to Manchester to see The Rolling Stones live and they were absolutely incredible! It was honestly the best concert I have ever been too. I can’t believe how much energy they have at their age! Also, the support act was Richard Ashcroft from The Verve so I was lucky enough to see one of my all time favourite songs, Bitter Sweet Symphony, performed live.
- We also went to see Billy Joel in Manchester. It was a fantastic show and it still blows my mind how many amazing songs he has wrote.
- We painted our garage doors. When we moved in they were red, and red is my least favourite colour! So we painted them white and now we match with the rest of the houses down our street.
- I finished counselling after 6 months. It’s bittersweet. I’m sad that I won’t be able to see my therapist anymore as she was so lovely and she helped me so much, but I’m in a much better place than I was when I started and I’ll always be grateful for the opportunity.
- I started doing yoga again after a very long break. I’d forgotten how good it feels.
- We celebrated one year of home-ownership! I can’t believe it’s been a year already.
How was June for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.
Enjoyed this post? Why not share it...
Leave a comment