Little Victories | July & August 2018
31st August 2018
And just like that, the summer of ’18 is (pretty much) over.
Although I’m sad that the weather has taken a turn for the worse and that autumn is rapidly approaching, I’m also grateful for such an incredible summer.
The weather was glorious, England did alright at the World Cup, I went to two incredible concerts, Tyrone sailed around the Baltic for two weeks, and we actually managed to have three barbecues. Yes, three!
The good news is I have a lot to look forward to in the next few months so hopefully the colder months of the year won’t be quite as unbearable as they usually are.
As I missed the opportunity to share a Little Victories post at the end of July so I’ve decided to roll July and August into one post.
- We had the ceilings in our bedroom and my office re-plastered to remove the artex and they look so much better now! The plasterer did a great job and I’ve already told him he can do the rest of the house when we are ready.
- I went to a Christening and it was lovely to see all my family, including some people I haven’t seen in years!
- Tyrone and I went on a Baltic cruise for two weeks. We had such an incredible time! You can find all of my blog posts about it right here.
- I had my first ever cervical screening test (because I’m old now) and it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting it to be. Fingers crossed that I get the all clear.
- I went to see Cirque du Soleil: OVO at the Echo Arena. It was magical!
- I attended a sculpture workshop with Anca at the International Slavery Museum, and it made me realise how much I enjoy pottery.
- We made great progress on my office renovating and now all that’s left to do is buy new carpet.
- My friend Becky and I have booked to go to Disneyland Paris at the end of November!
How were July and August for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small