Little Victories | January 2018
31st January 2018
Overall, January has been a pretty good month for me. I mean, the last couple of days have been stressful (house problems!) but up until then it was great.
My word for this year is “happiness” and I can honestly say with confidence that I have felt the happiest I have felt in a very long time.
I’ve spent a lot of time looking after myself and focusing on how I can incorporate more positivity into my life. I’ve been working on projects that make me excited and that genuinely inspire me, and I’ve been bringing ideas to life that have been floating around in my head for years.
Although I have a few wobbles, all in all my mental health has been much better than it was at the end of 2017. I’m still having bad days, but they’re nothing compared to what they were a few months ago. And I can’t believe how much having good mental health has impacted on other aspects of my life.
For instance, my skin has been in the best condition that it’s been in for years. I’ve only had one acne outbreak (and I know exactly what caused it!) and my skin has dried up a lot. So much so that I’ve had to make major changes to my skin care routine, introducing more hydrating products.
And of course, having better skin makes me feel more confident, and in turn that helps to improve my mental health.
I’m also less on edge and more relaxed, so I’ve been able to do things that I normally lose interest in quite quickly, like watching movies, reading books and playing games.
Here are a few more victories from this month:
- I shared the news that I had quit my job here on the blog. And response was wonderful! Thank you for your kind comments.
- I celebrated my 24th birthday.
- I booked myself in for a steroid injection. It got cancelled the day before but at least I tried.
- I started researching new windows and doors for our house.
- I continued working on my office which I started renovating at the very end of 2017. There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done before it’s finished (more work than I initially expected!) but I’m getting there, and learning a lot along the way.
- I had a few companies contact me about work, both full-time employment and freelance work. I’m excited to see what will come from this.
- I started working on building a website to showcase my development skills and to outline my freelance services. It’s also going to have a blog and I can’t wait to launch it!
- I built a website for my brother.
- I discovered that there’s a box set of Gladiators (the original 90s version) on Sky, so I’ve been binge watching that!
How was January for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.