Little Victories | January 2017
2nd February 2017
People usually say that January feels like the longest month of the year. Well, it’s flown by for me so I’m a little concerned about how quick the rest of the year is going to pass by!
I feel like I’ve had to dig deep to come up with a list of Little Victories for January. It was a bit of a strange month for me personally, which is why I didn’t post a single Weekend Blog post. I haven’t stopped the series; I just haven’t felt like sharing much about my personal life online.
But coming into February I’m feeling much more positive and excited to get on with my life. So let me kick off February by recapping on some positive moments from last month:
- I celebrated my birthday on my birthday for the first time in years. I took the day off, played mini golf and ate lots of Mexican food (read the post here).
- I built a set of draws that I bought from Ikea all by myself. I only cut myself once.
- I did about 10 days of the 30 day Yoga Revolution challenge. I know it wasn’t the full 30 days but even 10 days of exercise in a row is a big achievement for me.
- Tyrone and I had our first date night of 2017. We went to Bella Italia in New Brighton and then went for a walk along the waterfront, even though it was pitch black and freezing!
- I finally put my new blog theme live. What do you think?
- We started and finished season 1 of A Series of Unfortunate Events and I loved it! I read the books when I was younger and was disappointed by the film, but I feel the show really redeems the series.
- I finally mastered the art of making brownies. I’ve learned that if they don’t look ready to take out of the oven then they’re probably cooked enough!
- I got an exercise bike to help me with my home work outs. My nan bought one a few years back, but never used it, so she kindly passed it on to me. I’m hoping it’s going to really help build my hip muscles.
- Tyrone and I bought tickets to go and see Brian Cox talk about Space and stuff in May. We thought it would be something different and I’m looking forward to it.
- I went swimming for the first time on my own in years, and I loved it! I’m slowly kicking anxiety’s ass.
How was January for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.