3rd January 2014
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Sophie. I have to answer 11 questions and then set 11 of my own for 5 victims, I mean bloggers! I nominate Bhairavi, Cat, Jamie, Veronica and Elena (sorry if you’ve already done this before!).
Here are my answers:
1. What’s the story behind your blog name?
Empfire is a combination of two words which are also the names of two of my favourite songs by the band Kasabian, Empire and Fire. I was originally going to call the website empire-fire but my friend suggested I combined the two together to make a sorter name and URL.
2. Which food cuisine is your favourite?
Italian! Pizza, pasta, ice cream etc. My boyfriend is a vegetarian so there is always loads to eat for him in an Italian restaurant.
3. If you could meet and talk to anyone in history, who would it be and what would be your first question to them?
I’d like to meet Keith Moon. He’s not really a historical figure but he’s dead, so does that count? Anyway, I’d ask him why on earth he thought it might be a good idea to take 32 clomethiazole pills (which inevitably killed him 🙁 ).
4. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
I know he’s dead but I still adore Heath Ledger (what a morbid blog post this is turning out to be).
5. Would you ever adopt children?
If I couldn’t have my own children then I guess I would. However, I’d have to adopt a child who was very young. It can become a very difficult situation if they are older.
6. Do you have any new year resolutions?
Yes. I’m going to bake more, swim more, blog more and start making a Harley Quinn cosplay.
7. What’s your occupation?
I’m currently a full-time university student.
8. Is there a film you’ve been meaning to watch?
Anchor Man 2.
9. What would your dream flat/house be like?
My current flat is pretty dreamy haha! However, from my experience of living in a flat I know that I’d prefer to live in a house. It would be pretty big with no neighbours for miles! It would be close to a city but in the countryside (if you get what I mean). I’d love a swimming pool. 😛
10. What do you like most about where you live?
I live in Liverpool, what’s not to love! It’s the home of The Beatles! I’m close to the city centre which is great for shopping. I have incredible views of the city, which is an improvement on last years view of a brick wall.
11. What dream are you currently pursuing (small or big) (if any)?
My current dream is to travel the world. It’s pretty difficult to pursue at the moment because I’m skint. However, I’m taking one step at a time and travelling when ever I can afford to.
And here are my questions (I apologise in advance.):
- What is your favourite song of all time?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?
- If you had to be stranded on a desert island with one celebrity who would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your most cherished childhood memory?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- What are you reading at the moment, if anything?
- What was your highlight of 2013?
- What is your least favourite food?
- What has been the scariest moment in your life?
- What’s your favourite colour? (Yeah, I’m being completely original and adventurous here!)
Happy New Year everyone! I celebrated New Year here in Liverpool. We ordered in a Chinese take-away and then went down to Pier Head for midnight. According to Reddit there was a great atmosphere down by the docks last year. It’s not an official event but people just turn up and there is a firework display. We were pleasantly surprised about how busy it was. The fireworks were fantastic, and as it was a clear night you could see other firework displays all across the other side of the Mersey. It was fantastic!
Being back in Liverpool is great. Over the Christmas break I really missed having my own place. Tyrone and I have been busy tidying the flat and getting it more organised. We’ve been buying storage containers, throwing out clutter and just generally getting our flat more organised. It’s actually been quite enjoyable. 🙂
I’m off to Spain a week tomorrow. I will be spending a week there, as a part of my course, to carry out field work. I’m going to a place called Almeria, which is pretty exciting as I’ve never been there before. I’m just hoping that the weather is nice because I could really do with some sun right now. 😛 I’m just in the progress of getting everything I need for the trip and packing up.
Oh, and it’s my 20th birthday on Monday! 😀