A review of 2015 – my life
22nd December 2015
A review of my life in 2015.
2015 was something special. I will never forget this year for as long as I live. When I wrote the post “A review of 2014 – my life” in early January I started by saying:
“I’m ready for a productive and (hopefully) successful year. Bring it on!“
…and I really do feel like I had many successful moments in 2015. It’s not all been plain sailing, and I’ve had to overcome a lot of obstacles, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.
Let’s take a look back at 2015:
- I turned 21. I was pretty low on the day of my birthday but Tyrone took me out for a lovely meal which was the highlight of the day, then my parents came over on the Friday and we celebrated all over again with cake and champagne at 11am and a meal in the evening.
- Ty and I went to see Phoenix Nights Live, which was incredibly funny.
- We also went to see Top Gear Live. It’s good job we went really given what happened to the show shortly afterwards.
- I had my first steroid injection, which didn’t really make any difference to my pain levels. BUT…
- …I had my second steroid injection and it changed my life completely. Perhaps a little dramatic to say that but it’s true. Finally I could leave the house without being agony.
- I went on my cousin’s hen party in Chester and I did a lot of dancing – proof that the steroids were working.
- We went to see Jeremy Kyle being filmed and had a lovely stay in Manchester thanks to Miss Pond’s giveaway.
- I went to New York with my parents to further celebrate my 21st birthday. It was my first time in America and loved it even though I had a cold. One of the greatest experiences of my life.
- I finished university and questioned where the last three years of my life had gone.
- I eyed up a cruise holiday for a couple of weeks until it came down to a ridiculously cheap price and then I booked it.
- Ty and I had the most incredible week sailing around the Med and my happiness levels were through the roof.
- I found out that I would be graduating with a 1st class degree. You can’t get better than that!
- I made my first responsive WordPress theme.
- I graduated and it was one of the most incredible days of my life.
- Andy Summers answered my question on Reddit.
- After three months of unemployment and having applied for 93 jobs I was finally offered a job. And not just any old job, but a position as a junior web developer.
- I was a bridesmaid at my cousin’s wedding which was a wonderful day full of fun and happiness.
- I started my job as a web developer which I love. I feel so lucky to have been given this opportunity.
- I went to see Hairspray at the theatre for a second time with Becky.
- Tyrone and I went over to Birmingham to see a specialist for my legal case. I had some tough news but I enjoyed the day out with Ty.
…and, we still have Christmas and New Year to go before 2016 rolls around.
I’m working on some goals for 2016, and I’ll be sharing them next week along with a recap of my 2015 goals.
Overall I just hope that 2016 can be as interesting, and as fun, and as successful as 2015 was.
What was your highlight of 2015?
Enjoyed this post? Why not share it...
Leave a comment