The Weekend Blog
17th August 2014
So, summer just kind of disappeared. All of a sudden the weather changed and now there is a cool breeze in the city. But it’s still August, and I really don’t want to have to pull my jumpers out from storage just yet.
Here’s a summary of what I’ve been up to this week:
- Tyrone and I finally made it to Chester, and on Wednesday I shared some pictures from the day. I think we chose the best day of the week weather wise.
- I made my first sale on Etsy for my comic book shoes, which is super exciting. I’m waiting for the specific comic to be delivered so I can start making them.
- I finally got enough confidence back to go clothes shopping and actually purchased some clothes! Hooray! This included my very first purchase from Forever21 (I’m late to the party). I couldn’t resist this cute skater dress for just £10.50.
- I went swimming on Friday, and I have decided to make it a weekly thing. It seems to take such effort for me to get up and go, but once I’ve been I always feel good about it. I’m still continuing with my ice therapy and physiotherapy, and my hip just looks fantastic. I’ve got some muscle around the bone at long last.
- I was feeling creative this week and started to add my photos from Italy into a scrapbook (see picture). However, I had more pictures than I anticipated so I need to buy another album.
- Today marks a year since Tyrone and I moved into our little flat in Liverpool. I’m sat here questioning when on earth the time has gone. It only feels like yesterday that we’re getting a locksmith out to break into our flat for us because the letting agency gave us the wrong keys. Ah, memories. I’m planning on sharing a post this week about all the things I’ve learnt from privately renting and living away from my parents. Looking back, I surprise even myself with how I managed to deal with all the rubbish we’ve had to deal with over the past year.
Tomorrow I’m going home for a week or so. My mum has booked us in for a spa day with afternoon tea on Wednesday. Last year I paid for the both of us to go to the spa for her birthday, and we both loved it so much that we were desperate to go again. I also have plans to catch up with my friends and the rest of my family.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!