The Weekend Blog

18th January 2015

My life right now!

I know I keep showing you photos of my desk and my ever growing pile of work, but this my life right now. I haven’t been anywhere interesting to take decent pictures for a while now. I’m stuck in my flat 90% of the time.

I guess I’ve reached that point in my university life where I have way too much work to do be doing, and having a life outside of my degree is impossible.

Wah! I can’t wait for this all to be over.

This week didn’t start off particularly well. I walked into town to buy thank you cards but my hip gave up on me and I struggled to make it back to my flat. It meant that I had to cancel on my friend Becky who was suppose to be coming to visit on Wednesday which made me feel terrible.

My hip is still not right and I’m experiencing a lot of swelling around the joint. I’ve booked an appointment to see my GP next week and I will beg him to send me for a MRI or ultrasound. I can’t believe after 21 years they haven’t done either.

However, despite all the stress of my hip and of university I’m managing to stay pretty relaxed. On Friday Tyrone and I chilled out with a few bottles of beer, popcorn and a Bond film, followed by listening to some vinyls in a candle lit room. That’s my happy place.

How do you chill out after a stressful day/week?

Have a great weekend!

Enjoyed this post? Why not share it...


  1. I like escaping when I’ve had a stressful week, be it in a book, on a hike or for a little shopping trip :) I hope you get the help you need with your hip soon and I assure you uni will be worth all the work you’ve done x

    • Holly

      Books are one my favourite ways to escape. I was just thinking about how I haven’t got a book on the go at the moment. Must find one!

      Thank you. :)

  2. My guilt drink for a stressful day would be milktea. I just love having them. It just unconditionally calms me. Oh, and is that a notebook? The one with the fox on it? It looks so cute.

  3. Susanne

    University studies are so overwhelming. I’m so glad to be over with it, and I hope I won’t have to do it again…. although I do think I should attend the tutoring class or however I can translate it. It’s a course for nurses (and probably other staff groups) who tutor/train students during their clinical studies. I’m not really ready for the class yet though, and it’s not a requirement to tutor students either.
    I’m sorry to hear about your hip. Hope you will soon find out what the problem is.

  4. Agent Q

    I’m so sorry about the swelling and how the pain forced your to cancel on your friend. I hope once the scans come out, you and the doctor can figure out ways to alleviate the symptoms. :/

    All in all, it’s good that you managed to de-stress amidst your busy student life. Self care is essential to keep going, so never forget to relax once school gets busier later on.

    I chill out by working out or simply shifting my attention to other things. The post-workout euphoria is real, and my mind wakes up again. I get physically tired, but that’s okay at that point. :P

  5. If it makes you feel any better, I’m also spending 90% of my time in my house revising and the other 10% is going to the actual exams!! Uni can be tough sometimes but it’s good you’re taking time out to do the good stuff, like watching Bond films with a beer :)

    Emma xx

    http://www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk