Little Victories | November 2016
6th December 2016
During my blogging break I spent some time thinking of new series I could start on the blog; in particular a series that would be all about positivity and celebrating the little things in life.
And so the idea of Little Victories was born. It’s going to be a monthly series where at the beginning of each new month I share with you and celebrate the victories from the previous month. I will try to focus on the small victories that we often over look but that make life just that little bit better.
This series will replace my Monthly Review series. It’s going to be very similar in that I will summarise what happen in the previous month, but Little Victories will be more positive and upbeat.
So, without further ado, let’s kick of this month’s list of victories…
- I finally went to the doctors to discuss my mental health. Actually, that’s kind of a big victory, isn’t it?
- Got a massive refund from my old electricity supplier who were taking out wayyy too much money each month.
- Discovered that then tunnel toll with a tunnel tag is £1.20 each way, not £1.50 as I had initially thought and budgeted for. Which means I’m saving about £20 a month!
- I finally got a referral back to my old hospital and my appointment is with my favourite surgeon. It’s all thanks to my previous GP. I’m so sad I had to leave the surgery because I moved out of the catchment area, but so grateful for everything that doctor did for me.
- I bought a laptop after many years of just having a desktop, and honesty it’s life changing. I love being able to write blog posts while sitting on the sofa with my feet up and watching TV.
- I got offered over time at work for the first time. That will be a nice bit of extra cash for the mortgage/holiday/Ray Ban fund.
- I got even more good news about my legal case. It’s looking very likely that it will all be wrapped up in early 2017.
- Our landlord put new windows in the house. The old ones were the originals and we’re very good insulators. We’re hoping to see a massive decrease in our heating bills from now on.
- She also put in new blinds so we feel dead fancy now!
- I drove in the snow (well, more like a thick layer of hail stones) for the first time. It was a little bit scary but I’m glad I gave it a go because now I know it’s not that bad.
- I started my Christmas shopping and I’ve made great progress already.
How was November for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?