Little Victories | February 2018
28th February 2018
I was really surprised when I looked at my calendar this week and realised that it was the end of February. This month has has flown by, and I really don’t feel like I’ve achieved much. Still, there’s always next month.
For me, February was all about the Winter Olympics for me. I’ve always enjoyed watching winter sports, particularly curling and skeleton. So I definitely made the most of the flexibility that comes with working from home and spent a lot of time on the sofa with my laptop, watching the Olympics. Well, it’s only on every 4 years!
And we’re currently in our own little winter wonderland right now on the Wirral. Yesterday we woke up to a really thick cover of snow which looked so magically, but I’m ready for it to melt now.
Here’s a few of my little victories in February…
- I started having counselling. I have a lovely therapist and I think it’s going to make a huge difference.
- I got my garage door fixed after it broke.
- I finally got my steroid injection! I didn’t find it too painful, but I can tell that it’s worked.
- I launched my new website: HollyPryce.com. I’m going to write a whole blog post about this very soon.
- I arranged for someone to clear out the gutters; something I’d been meaning to do for months.
- Tyrone had the week off last week so we took a little drive out to Llandudno. We ate hot doughnuts on the pier, played in the arcade and took a walk along the promanade. And I felt the warmth of the sun on my face for the first time this year.
- I went to the doctors to get some advice about my knee. It’s been making a crunching noise for the last couple of months, but I didn’t think anything of it because it’s not painful. Anyway, I’ve got to go and have a x-ray. And I’m classing this as a victory because I’m prioritising my health. Go me!
- I managed to get tickets to see The Rolling Stones!!! Yesterday was so incredibly stressful. My pre-sale email didn’t come through and then my brother way trying to help me get into the pre-sale because he managed to get two tickets. I’d pratically given up, then an hour and a half after the pre-sale started I got my email and bought 4 tickets (for me, Tyrone and my parents). I can’t wait!
How was February for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.
Enjoyed this post? Why not share it...
Leave a comment