Little Victories | December 2016
3rd January 2017
Welcome to my first post of 2017! If you are reading this then congratulations are in order; you survived 2016!
I’m excited to be carrying on my Little Victories series that I started at the end of last year. December was a very busy month for me, so my mind was occupied and all in all my spirits were high. Let’s hope that I can continue this positive feeling from the end of 2016 into the new year.
Here are my little victories from December…
- I drove on the motorway on my own for the first time. And it was dark, raining and the wind was so strong it was moving my car at one point. But I did it!
- I went back to my old hospital to see my surgeon. To be honest, I didn’t get the news I was hoping for, but he did say he’d support my application for a Blue Badge (so I can park in disabled car parking spaces) so that was something positive to come out of the appointment.
- In October I bought a duvet cover from Ikea that ended up being too big for our bed. I could have returned it to Ikea (like a normal person) but as they only do it in one size and I liked the pattern so much, I decided that I would attempt to alter it on my sewing machine. It ended up being a great success!
- I finished all my Christmas shopping with plenty of time to spare before the big day, and I’m pretty proud of myself for the gifts I bought.
- I made sure I spent time with my friends this month, especially my ones back home in Shropshire.
- I had an initial telephone appointment with a therapist about my mental health and we’ve decided that I’m going to try CBT. I’m on a 6 month waiting list but I’m excited to get started.
- My mum and I took ourselves off for a spa day just after Christmas. Just what the doctor ordered!
- During the Christmas break my skin dried up and I saw a massive improvement in my acne.
- We found an easier way to drive from Shropshire to Liverpool avoiding a roundabout that usually stresses me out.
- We celebrated New Year for the first time in our little house on the Wirral. We stayed in, drank beer and ate cheese. Now that’s a victory!
How was December for you? Did you have any victories, big or small?
Little Victories is a monthly series, celebrating the things that make life great, no matter how small.