Handy websites & resources
Over time I have compiled this list of websites and resources that I have used and have found very useful.
Please note: Empfire does not feature affiliate links.
Last updated: 7th September 2017.
- Online Broken Link Checker – Checks for broken links.
- SEO SiteCheckup – Helps you to improve your website’s SEO.
- Moz Open Site Explorer – To find out your website’s domain and page authority.
- SEMrush – To discover the performance of keywords.
- SEO Content Analysis – Analyses your blog post and shows you how to improve your SEO.
- Hootsuite – For scheduling social media.
- TweetDeck – For scheduling social media.
- Buffer – For scheduling social media.
- XOMISSE Twitter Chat Calendar – Calendar specifying when Twitter chats take place.
- SocialBro – For Twitter insights.
- TweetChat – For following along with Twitter chats easily.
- Share Tally – Shows you how many social shares a web page or blog post received.
- Namechk – To check the availability of usernames.
- Linktree – To add multiple links to your Instagram bio.
- WorkFlowy – For creating organised lists.
- Evernote – For creating digital notes and lists.
- Google Docs – Create word processed documents, spreadsheets, forms and presentations for free online.
- gumroad – For selling digital and physical goods.
- Boomerang for Gmail -For scheduling emails.
- MailChimp – For creating newsletters.
- Bloglovin’ – For following your favourite blogs.
- Trello – For project management (see how I use it to organise my blogging process).
- Asana – For project management.
- Skitch by Evernote – For easily taking and annotating screenshots (Evernote have discountinued support for Windows hence why you can’t download it from Evernote anymore.)
- Calendly – For scheduling appointments
Web Design/Web Development
- Font Pair – Shows you pairs of Google fonts that work well together.
- Paletton – For picking colour schemes.
- Nibbler – Shows you how to improve your website design and functionality.
- Namecheap – Domain registrar and hosting.
- WordPress.org – Download the comment management system for your website.
- Codecademy – Tutorials for learning to code.
- Code School – Tutorials for learning to code.
- W3Schools – The most extensive guide to coding online.
- Tutorials at Hey Georgie – Coding tutorials including for WordPress and PHP.
- Learn to Code at Empfire – Tutorials aimed at teaching bloggers how to code.
- Adobe Photoshop – For editing and creating images.
- Notepad++ – Software for writing code.
- Brackets – Software for writing code.
- Sublime Text – Software for writing code.
- Font Squirrel – Free fonts to download.
- Dafont – Free fonts to download.
- Google Fonts – Free fonts to use online.
- Subtle Patterns – Free patterns and textures.
- Pexels – Free stock images.
- Can I use…? – Search for HTML and CSS elements to see which browsers they are compatible with.
- Brief Box – Briefs for fictitious design projects.