A review of 2014 – my life
1st January 2015
Happy 2015! I’m ready for a productive and (hopefully) successful year. Bring it on!
I can’t welcome in 2015 without taking a look back at 2014. It was a bit of an odd year for me really. It was full of ups and downs. Some very happy memories were made, but I also had to deal with some home truths about my health. Overall, I feel like I’m dealing with it all pretty well.
Here are some of the notable moments from 2014 (the good and the not so good) with links to relevant posts:
- Celebrated my 20th birthday – the first birthday I didn’t spend with my parents.
- Visited Almeria, Spain with university – loved it even though it almost killed me.
- Visited Oxford to see the consultant working on my legal case – he has been a fantastic addition to my case but it was a difficult day finding out about my future in relation to my hip.
- Got a job working as an Insight Leader for Magpie.
- Finished my second year of university with a 1st.
- We lost our incredible view of Liverpool and the Liver Building.
- Explored Merseyside – more exciting than you might think!
- Bought my first DSLR camera (there was a post on this but it has since disappeared into cyberspace).
- Spa day with my mum.
- Started my Etsy business.
- Attended my first ever blogger event.
- Diagnosed with bursitis of the hip and osteoarthritis.
- Saw The Who in concert for a second time.
- Had a wonderful Christmas and got spoilt rotten!
When I look back at resolutions I set for myself last year I realised that I wasn’t very successful (apart from the one resolution on blogging more), so this year I’ve decided to set myself some goals that are easier to measure. I will either accomplish them or I won’t. I hope to share these goals with you next week, once I finalised them.
On a final, slightly off topic, note, I’ve uploaded a new layout. A new layout for the new year. I’d love to know what you all think!